Profile image for wingskeynsham

Just came home from work to find a sticker on the very large (flattened) cardboard box that we'd left for recycling. Their advice is for me to fold it smaller (a physical impossibility) or to take it to the tip.
1. I don't have a car
2. It's too big to go on the bus
3. There is no bus
4. I pay council tax for the council to take away my rubbish
5. Aren't they supposed to be encouraging us to recycle??

By wingskeynsham at 18:40 on 04/08/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for KimKaze

This is a great example of the system failing regular people and also the gross assumption that we all have cars, money and time to spare to drag things around to the recycling centre/dump.

I understand that the cardbord recycling facility is limited by the physical dimensions on the truck that they send around to collect the waste, but they must understand that the alternative is for them to take it away as waste. You shouldn't havr to pay for it to go as bulky waste unless it is really huge, so I would complain to Council Connect about this and ask what method they suggest that you use to recycle the cardboard item.

These are the sorts of everyday issues that we do pay our council tax to see the council resolve. Otherwise oversized recycle-able items will end up in landfill.

By KimKaze at 11:54 on 14/08/10

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent