Profile image for JoannaPazucha

Food prices are soaring, fuel prices are soaring and inflation has gone up to 4.4%. How many of us in Keynsham are struggling to cope and just how worried are we about the Budget?

By JoannaPazucha at 18:47 on 22/03/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for Rebecca2009

I'm glad to hear the Chancellor say that fuel duty will be cut by 1p a litre from 6pm tonight and that further duty increases will be scrapped.
    But we are still dealing with high oil prices following unrest in the Middle East that have pushed up our petrol and diesel prices by up to 5p a litre in the past month.
    I'm definitely thinking twice before getting in the car - mine's a diesel, and according to the latest figures from the AA, I'm paying more than 6p a litre more than motorists who use unleaded!

By Rebecca2009 at 14:48 on 23/03/11

• Profile image for KeynshamKim

Well, I'm just relieved that it won't cost me any more to drive down to Tesco to get my Pinot Grigot!

Not happy that the price of ciggies is going up though. Can't stand the hypocrisy. One minute they're telling us smoking is bad for us and trying to put them under the counter. The next minute they're increasing the tax on them and exploiting us poor smokers.

It's enough to make a girl cough up a tar ball.

By KeynshamKim at 14:55 on 23/03/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent