Kingswood bands hit the high notes
By 37th Kingswood Scouts Cadet Band | Monday, September 10, 2012, 20:47
It was a good weekend for the 37th Kingswood Scouts Drum Corps at the weekend. Taking part in a national competition, Ouse Valley Sounds Show at Biggleswade Football Club, in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. The show kicked off the second half of the British Youth Band Association competition season.
37th Kingswood Cadets awaiting the results after a tough competition, www.37th.co.uk/cadets
The 37th Kingswood Drum Corps in action, www.37th.co.uk
There were five categories:
· 37th Kingswood Cadets took 1st Place in the Cadets division, followed by Thurrock Marching Brass in 2nd.
· In Division 3 the Liberty Drum Corps took 1st Place, with 4th Uckfield in 2nd place, Coseley Comets in 3rd place and Stafford Brigades in 4th.
· Lanesfield BB/GB took 1st Place in Division 2, with The Pacemakers coming in a very close 2nd.
· In Division 1 37th Kingswood (Seniors) took 1st Place followed by Beeches PE in 2nd place.
· Nexus took 1st Place in the Associate Division followed by Hertfordshire Show Band in 2nd.
So a great day for both of the Kingswood based bands in glorious sunshine. Cadets now have two more events left this term, and the Seniors just one. Both bands are hoping to peak for the 'Finals' event which takes place in Cannock in October, where both are hoping to retain their British titles.
For more info on the Cadet band, check out www.37th.co.uk/cadets, or LIKE us on Facebook, http://goo.gl/fW5go ... they would love to have some Keynsham musicians (aged 8 to 13) on board for their new season starting in November.